Badminton Top and Skort

My sewing machine has been in the shop for servicing (after 4 years...bit overdue!), so I've been feeling a bit lost without any sewing. The upside is that I have been knitting, and have finished the back and left front of a hoodie (the Wien pattern from Berroco) requested by my son. It has to be finished by December for a trip to the UK, so I need to persevere. And of course little sister can't be left out so I need to make her a cardigan for the same trip.

Before the sewing hiatus, I finished the Badminton Top and Skort from Oliver + S.


A skort is perfect for little girls this age who love skirts, but also love lifting them up constantly, hanging upside down or rolling around on the ground. This one is particularly cute with the scalloped hem facing. I used a Japanese quilting cotton which is really soft, with a coordinating piece for the top. I wish I'd made the top a little longer - given her rate of growth, it might not last that long. But now that we're (almost) out of diapers, the skort fits really well! Have I mentioned how much I LOVE this pattern from Oliver + S?!

Comments

Popular Posts